- Cook Time: 8 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
A few simple seasonings create a dinner worthy of your favorite Mexican restaurant.
- 1 c. corn oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Oregano Leaf
- 2 tsp. Cumin Seed
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ lb. 750 g None boneless chuck OR flank steak
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 green and/or red bell peppers, cut into wedges
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- As desired: sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime wedges
- Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, cumin and garlic salt in a medium bowl.
- Pierce steak evenly with a fork.
- Place steak in a resealable plastic bag; place onion and pepper in a separate bag.
- Pour 1 cup marinadeover steak; close bag.
- Pour remaining marinade over vegetables; close bag.
- Marinate both bags 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove steak from bag; discard bag and remaining marinade.
- Grill or broil 7 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
- Pour contents of vegetable bag into large skillet and stir-fry 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp and liquid is evaporated.
- Slice steak thinly across the grain; add to vegetables.
- Fill warm tortillas with beef mixture.
- Garnish with sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.