- Cook Time: 93 Hours, 25 Minutes
- Yield: about 2 dozen ornaments
Wonderfully scented ornaments for the Christmas tree!
- Mix cinnamon, allspice, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add applesauce a little at a time.
- The consistency should become like playdough.
- If the mixture is too dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of additional applesauce.
- Roll dough out to a scant ¼-inch thickness on an ungreased surface.
- If mixture is sticky, sprinkle working surface with additional cinnamon.
- Use sharp edged cookie cutters to cut shapes as desired.
- Place on a level surface to dry.
- Air dry 4 to 5 days. (Ornaments lighten in color as they dry).
A fine craft or floral wire can be cut in short pieces and bent into a U shape to insert in top of each ornament before drying to serve as a hanger for yarn or ribbon.