- Cook Time: 37 Minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
It's not a gingersnap, it's a cinnamon snap!
- ½ c. butter
- ¼ c. shortening
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. molasses
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ c. white sugar
- Cream butter, shortening and brown sugar, using an electric mixer.
- Add egg and molasses; mix well.
- Gradually add in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll the balls in 1/2 cup white sugar.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten with a flat-bottomed drinking glass.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are set and tops are cracked.
- Cool on wire rack.