- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
Traditional Cuban sandwich.
- Combine Cuban Spice, cracked black pepper and minced garlic.
- Rub onto surface of pork roast.
- Place roast in a covered baking dish.
- Add water to bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until roast is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Using 2 forks, shred pork roast.
- Stir shredded pork into pan juices.
- To assemble sandwiches: Spread mustard on rolls, top with spiced pork, sliced ham, dill pickles and Swiss cheese.
- Press sandwiches together lightly.
- Heat large skillet.
- Add several sandwiches; top with another heavy pan to press sandwiches down.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until roll is toasted.
- Flip and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until roll is toasted and cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately or hold in a warm oven.