- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Makes a great pot of chili in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tbsp. corn oil
- ½ c. chopped onions
- ¼ c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef, chicken OR turkey
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce OR ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped jalepeno pepper, optional
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat; add onions and bell pepper.
- Cook until onions and peppers are soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef; continue cooking until beef is browned.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over medium heat 10 minutes; serve hot.