- Cook Time: 2 Hours, 50 Minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Traditional comfort food with the tasty addition of garlic and Italian herbs.
- 1 whole fryer chicken (3 to 5 pounds)
- 5 medium carrots, sliced diagonally into 2-inch chunks
- 1 lb. red OR Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 small onion OR 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 tbsp. corn oil
- 1 tbsp. kosher OR coarse grain salt
- ½ tsp. pepper, black fine grind
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning Blend
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Rinse chicken, discard giblets and pat chicken dry.
- Spray roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Add carrots, potatoes and onions.
- Combine oil, salt and black pepperin a small bowl.
- Nestle chicken into potato and carrot mixture in roasting pan.
- Place garlic cloves inside chicken cavity and under skin.
- Coat inner cavity of chicken with salt mixture.
- Pour over chicken using hands to thoroughly coat surface of chicken; drizzle any remaining over vegetables.
- Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with Italian herb seasoning.
- Roast uncovered for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until juices run clear and temperature at leg or wing joint is 180F.
- Let rest 10 minutes before carving.