- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
Rich, hearty chowder, featuring shrimp and crab.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- ½ c. sliced celery
- 3 tbsp. Minced Onion
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 c. peeled and diced potatoes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- ½ c. water
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. half and half
- 1 tbsp. pepper, black medium grind
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) tiny frozen shrimp, precooked
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) real or imitation crab meat
- ¼ c. dry sherry
- Cook bacon until crisp in Dutch oven.
- Remove bacon and crumble; set aside.
- Add mushrooms and celery to bacon drippings.
- Sauté; just until tender.
- Add minced onions, garlic powder, chicken broth, and potatoes.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine water and flour; whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add to simmering stock, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add half and half, pepper, shrimp and crab.
- Heat through. Add sherry.
- Garnish each serving with crumbled bacon.