- Yield: 1- 12 inch pizza
A midwestern favorite!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ c. Taco Seasoning Blend
- 2⁄3 c. water
- 1 prepared pizza dough
- 1 c. taco flavored tortilla chips, coarsely crushed, divided
- ¼ c. tomato sauce
- ¼ c. salsa
- 1 oz. onions, chopped
- 8 oz. colby-Jack cheese, shredded
- Chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, salsa for toppings as desired
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through; drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat.
- Press pizza dough into greased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Press 1/2 cup of the tortilla chips along the edge of the crust.
- Combine tomato sauce and 1/4 cup salsa and spread over crust.
- Top with taco meat, onions and cheese.
- Bake at 425F for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
- Remove from oven .
- Top with tomato, lettuce and remaining tortilla chips,as desired.
- Serve with salsa.